01 January 2010

Resolutions

I would like to share with you a very short excerpt from one of my favorite novels and authors: from Love, Stargirl:
Dear Leo,
I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.

I couldn't agree with Stargirl more. Why? Because if every day were January 1, we could make new year's resolutions every day. So this is what I propose: make one new year's resolution every day starting today 'till December 31, 2010. This next step is important: write them all down with their corresponding dates, then buy a calendar or put the resolutions in an electronic calendar for the year 2011. By doing this, you can start off each day by reminding yourself what you've achieved in one year–reminding you that each day is a new beginning.

If you need one to start, try this – By December 31, 2011: I will have accomplished all 365 of my new year's resolutions for 2010.

Stay warm, lovelies :-) See you all real soon!

Sincerely yours,
The Queer Collegiate


----------------
Now playing: Desdamona - Too Big for My Skin
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for choosing to comment, reader! Before you hit the submit button below, please take two minutes to read what is and what is not an acceptable comment on this blog so that you can help me make this blog a safe and friendly environment for everyone and their ideas.

First of all, I will always welcome criticism and opposing views. However, if I believe your comment is any combination of: hurtful, vulgar, or completely unrelated, it will be deleted. Obviously.

Next, any and all comments that are posted in all-caps, alternating caps, or any other kind of ridiculous cryptic crap will be deleted immediately. If you plan to post a comment like this, you have perfected the art of pissing off everyone on the internet.

Finally, please don’t pull the “but, I didn’t know!” excuse if I delete your comment. I know it’s hard to believe, but I can actually identify the difference between sincerity and dishonesty. If you’re telling me that you were too naive to create a comment that doesn’t offend or annoy me, you’re basically telling me that you either...

Don’t know how to read (sad), or you...
Never learned how to conduct yourself properly on the internet (pathetic)

So, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, go ahead and post your comment :-)